Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Congratulations to my Wife

Jen wanted to make her first post and announce to everyone some exciting news but she was a little busy and couldn't do it for a while. So if I may, I would like to congratulate my wonderful wife Jen for her amazing accomplishment.

Jennifer will be graduating from college in June with a degree in Dietetics. Unfortunately you really can't become a registered dietitian (R.D.) until you have completed an internship and pass the R.D. exam. Jennifer applied to two internships her first choice being Cal Poly Pomona and her second Los Angeles Veterans Hospital. Cal Poly only accepts 15 interns a year and usually none of those that are accepted are people who applied for the first time. Out of over a hundred applicants, even though I say thousands, Jennifer found out on Sunday that she is one of the 15 people invited to the Cal Poly Pomona program (and she made it her first time applying).

I am so proud of Jennifer. She has put in so much hard work and totally deserves this great opportunity. The only bad news to this is that this internship is not paid and it last for 9 months. However starting in June of 2009 it looks like we will be a real two income home!!!!!!! Well, until we have kids.

So if you have her phone number give her a call and congratulate her or leave a comment. She is such an amazing woman and I can't tell you how lucky I am to have her as my wife. I love you Jenny! This picture is for you.

6 comments:

A | E said...

Congratulations Jennifer! Unpaid internships are great, that's how I got where I am!

Sarah said...

go jennifer!

Katie said...

Hooray for graduation!!!! I am almost there too and I can understand the excitement and the craze of trying to finish up! Congrats Jennifer!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats Jennifer! It must have been the outfit! Good choice!

Jessett said...

Congrats Jennifer! I know that you have been working so hard. GOOOO JENNIFER!!!!!!

Katie said...

Way to go Jennifer! That's awesome. My internship wasn't paid either...it sucks, but it will be worth it! Woo Hoo!