Saturday, April 12, 2008

Pet Peeves Day # 7


Finally this is the last day of pet peeves. It's hard to commit to write every day and particularily to have the same topic for all those days that you are writting. I'm glad that the pet peeves are over. It just seemed like I was being so nevative.

For todays pet peeve I decided to write about something that is near and dear to my heart. I am not sure if you have all experienced this but for those of you who have I think that you will know what I am talking about.

Have you ever called a company for a question and got a hold of the automated service system? Just today I called DIRECTV to find out why my service jumped $11.00 a month. Then this robotic voice comes on trying to seem like a real human being. This robot will say, "Hi, and thank you for calling Direct TV. How may I be of service to you today"? Then you have to speak to this automated woman. I really hate it when companies try and make it even more human by making it say something like, "Hold on a minute while I am processing your request" or "Let me think about that". This is seriously so annoying when companies do this.

No comments: